Effective Date: June 22, 2018
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information as necessary to provide the Services you request and otherwise operate our business.
We generally collect personal information directly from you. For example:
- In order to register for the Services you will need to provide your name, username, email address, mailing address and your industry or corporate affiliation. If you are registering on behalf of a business (for example, your employer) you will also be required to provide the name of the business on whose behalf you are registering.
- Our payments processor collects payment card information or other billing information as necessary to process payments for the Services on our behalf.
- We may, as part of the Services, offer users the opportunity to participate in a community forum. We may collect any information you provide in connection with your use of the forum.
- You may provide personal information to us when you contact us with questions or comments, or to request support.
- We may collect personal information in other circumstances with your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
We may also collect certain information automatically when you access or use our Services. We collect this information using various means, such as cookies and other tracking technologies. The information we collect may include usage statistics, unique device identifiers, IP addresses, version numbers of relevant software, and information on which tools and services are being used in connection with the Services. We use this information to recognize and authenticate you when you use the Services, to monitor your use of the Services, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, to detect and prevent fraud, and for safety and security purposes.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We use personal information:
- For our legitimate interests, namely:
- To provide the Services;
- To process payments and collect amounts owing to us;
- To respond to your requests and questions and provide customer support;
- To manage everyday business needs;
- To analyze or improve the Services and our tools, software and products;
- To detect and prevent fraud and for safety and security purposes;
- To protect D-Wave, its affiliates, the Services and users; and
- To monitor your use of the Services and your compliance with the Terms and Conditions and to enforce the Terms and Conditions;
- To comply with our obligations, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations;
- To send you promotional materials if you have consented; and
- For other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information with service providers (including our affiliates acting in this capacity) that perform services on our behalf, such as marketing, analytics, payment processing, website hosting, customer support, information technology and/or data hosting or processing services or similar services.
We, and our service providers and affiliates, may disclose personal information where required by law, including as required by the laws applicable to our service providers and affiliates located outside of your country of residence.
We may disclose personal information in other circumstances, with your consent.
Service, or providing personal information, you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of your country of residence.
We collect and retain personal information in an identifiable format for the amount of time necessary to provide the Services you request and otherwise meet our legal and regulatory obligations, unless it is in our legitimate business interests and not prohibited by law to maintain the personal information for longer periods.
If you are a user in the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland or Canada, you may benefit from certain rights granted by applicable law but subject to limitations therein. These rights may include a right of access, rectification, restriction, opposition, erasure or portability, or the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making.
If you want to exercise any of the rights available to you or find out more, please contact us.
Personal information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and is accessible to our authorized employees, representatives and agents. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
We do not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 18 or other individuals who are not legally able to use the Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected information from a minor who is under the age of 18, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child, please contact us.
Users in the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland and Canada have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority or Commissioner for data protection in their country, should they find that we did not appropriately address their question or concern.